Sorry about the wait. This one was harder to write then the first.
The country of Farsala has never been conquered. Its nobles have beaten all who cared to try. But now, a new army has come calling: the Hrum. And they have conquered half the known world...
Soraya, a young noble lady, is sure the Hrum will be beaten. Jiaan, a half noble, is not so sure. Kavi, a commoner, just wants to stay alive. Their stories are linked with the fate of Farsala.
When I first started reading this book, I thought that something was missing. Now I think it’s the way it’s written. But then I saw that the story is truly amazing.
The story is told alternately by Soraya, Jiaan, and Kavi. This gave three unique perspectives on the same story, which was really neat. I also liked how it deals with their feelings: it explained why they did things, and how they felt doing those things. These descriptions made them feel like real people to me.
On the whole, I really enjoyed this book, and recommend it!
Sequel: Rise of a Hero.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love this book, and the other two in the series. They've got politics, personal tragedy, moral dilemmas, and lots of gray areas. Read them and you won't regret it.
Post a Comment