I have a lot to catch up on. A little while ago, I read The Light-bearer's Daughter, (which is the sequel to The Summer King). I think it was the best it the series. There's one more, called The Book of Dreams.
Still plodding through The Great Hunt. It's going very slowly, but I'm sticking with it, because--if the first book was any gauge-- it will have an awesome ending. The books are very well written, though, and the story is very intricate, like a delicate web: a complicated pattern. Characters you meet in passing in the first book will suddenly pop up in the second book, and have a roll of their own, instead of a roll supporting the main characters.
I could write a lot more, but I need to go to bed.
Peace favour you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Another one of my friends, whose reading taste I also greatly respect, is reading The Great Hunt right now too (having taken three months to complete the Eye of the World)... so The Wheel of Time series is definitely going to be on my summer reading list.
I wonder if I'll be able to get through them all?
You probably will be able to get through all of them, but not in one summer,--there are 11 of them-- seeing as you're planning to read The Lord of the Rings, and goodness knows what else.
Post a Comment